The two most important things about a loan are being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At Kilkeel Credit Union we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay.
Why a Kilkeel Credit Union Loan is different:
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market.
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment.
- Your credit union loan is insured – subject to terms and conditions – at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this.
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
Our loan rate of 12.68%* means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Kilkeel Credit Union.
*For a £500, 1 year variable interest rate loan, with weekly repayments of £10.25, an APR of 12.68%, the total amount payable by the member will be £537.41.
MAKE YOUR HARD EARNED SAVINGS WORK FOR YOU…
We are now offering a secured loan for any purpose at 6%**, provided the loan balance matches or is less than the balance of your savings. A Secured Loan with Kilkeel Credit Union makes sense in more ways than one:
- No risk – with your savings there to completely cover the loan repayment in full, you never have to worry about how to afford it, only how best to spend it!
- Keep your savings (and insurances) intact – it can take years to build up your savings, and we want you to keep a hold of them if you can! Not only will it give you more borrowing power in the future if you need it, but they will continue to benefit from the free savings protection given by Kilkeel Credit Union to all members.
**For a £500, 1 year variable interest rate loan, with weekly repayments of £10.25, an APR of 6.18%, the total amount payable by the member will be £515.03
How do I apply for a loan?
To begin with you have to be a member of Kilkeel Credit Union. For more information on becoming a member please click here. For members, please visit or call us and we can discuss your needs and complete an application form.
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions Apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
Information is correct as at 17/5/17
Whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at Kilkeel Credit Union. It does not constitute a loan offer.